Independence: Part two

I realize it has been a while since I've really written something substantial on my blog, so here goes it.

I have had some personal struggles that I have had a hard time with. My main struggle has and will probably always be with my social interaction at work, at home, at really anything. My eye contact is not great, the things I say may not be the best in every situation, and generally talking to people is not a strong suit for me.

I currently work for a large corporation where I groom dogs as a full time stylist. I honestly love it. Really, I do. Although it is mandatory to talk to people, answer phones, try to finish dogs on time, and so much more, I have gratitude for working for them. Without them, I would not have the experience, the team, and most importantly, for me, I have insurance.

That, to me, is important because I am getting the help I so desperately I have needed the last six months of my life. I am in Neuro feedback, which I'll write a separate post about when I'm done, and I'm in therapy. There's no way I could do any of this without working for a company that offers insurance, and of course my awesome parents.

Talking to people is really hard for me to do. My process to speak, to understand and comprehend is always way behind normal people's process. With help, I can get there. The one thing I will always appreciate, even if I don't say it, is my family. The main reason for this blog post is to really thank them for helping me gain some independence.

I recently got a place of my own with roommates. There is no way I'd be able to get a place of my own if it weren't for the help of family. My mother came out to visit to help me find a place, help talk to people when I had trouble, and my sister helped me with any paperwork i might have needed help with. I am forever grateful for the help I got, for the extra voices I have, and the support I get when I feel like I'm falling.

I may do things later in life than most normal people, but my time has finally come to gain some independence.

I literally cannot make it throughout my life without my family!

Xoxo,
Hannah





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular

Independence

Seeking Help as an Adult

Employment