Chronicles of an perpetually anxious person part 1

As I was growing up, I always thought my feelings of inadequacy would just dissipate when I became an adult. My anxious thoughts would go away. 

my thoughts would (and still do) race along the lines:  if I'm making the right decisions about my life. how am I being perceived? Will this decision of mine affect others in a negative way? Am I enough? Am I doing enough for myself or for others? Why can't I take your pain away? What am I doing incorrectly or wrong? When will I be enough? 

Although I've gotten better, there are moments in my life like recently that those thoughts race through my mind. I've come to realize that I get into these "ruts" when I'm emotionally burnt out with life. I often want to "run away" from my problems life can throw my way when I get like this. I can't do that forever. So here I am, writing it out, hoping that my " I'm enough and I'm adequate cup" will be filled with something positive in my life again.

My life is an anxious mess, but I try. 


Xoxo, 

Hannah's blog

Comments

  1. I love that you're willing to try a new direction. Adulting is hard and I've had those same thoughts many times. Peaks and valleys and the peaks seem can be far apart. Keep going, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular

Independence

Seeking Help as an Adult

Employment