Chronicles of a perpetually anxious person part 2

 The holidays are here. They stress THE HECK out of me every year. I'm frozen in anxiousness, and tend to be short with everyone I love. Although I've gotten better at preparing for then, oh my heck, November and December always stess me in mentally, spiritually, and physically. 

I know I have everything I need and everything I ever wanted, so just putting that out there. So my worrying and anxiety stem from, "am I doing enough? Am I serving where needed? Are they getting the best of me?" To add on top, people are just CRANKY this time of year, and it's because o see people being so materialistic, and wanting to "appear better off", whereas I'm sitting here wondering, "do I need to be doing this? Am I doing enough?" 

I mean, maybe or maybe not, but in the end, I'm usually so frozen, I appear even more so "uncaring". I get so caught up in my own thoughts and my confidence wavers to the point where I don't know where to start. I love my people so much that I do nothing about it. Every. Single. Holiday season. 

I hope to "chill out" at some point in my life, and not worry as much about what people are seeing and perceiving about me. And know that my heart is really there for them even when I don't have the words and actions to do so. 


Xoxo,

Hannah's blog

Comments

  1. You're not the only to feel this way. Being short of free time, short of money, short of energy and then patience, makes what should be a wonderful time stressful . I like years where we simplify. I tried to get Dad on board to do a fun trip with kids and no presents, after they weren't waiting for Santa age. No go. You should pick your own way to simplify, we'll all be happy for you to do holidays how you want to! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular

Independence

Seeking Help as an Adult

Employment