Relax And Calm Down

Relaxing is absolutely necessary for the dog grooming profession. As I have said in previous posts, it is an extremely demanding job physically and emotionally not just for me, but for everyone in this line of work. As someone who has a diagnosis of ASD (autism spectrum disorder), it takes more of a toll on me mentally and emotionally than physically. Calming down and relaxing is essential for my health. 

How do you relax after a hard day at work? Everyone is different, but these are the things I enjoy doing in my down time!

  • I love going to the dog park with my pups. I love seeing them run around and have all the space to roam around without worrying about them running away.
    finding treasures.

    big tree little dogs

    big tree little dogs
  • I love hiking! In fact, this past week, I got to go on a two-mile hike near my house. It was extremely peaceful and got some beautiful pictures to show how beautiful it was. 
    Autumn is coming. hard to see, though

    on a mountain top looking at another mountaintop

    city and lake view from the top
  • Gardening. Gardening is such an amazing way to calm my nerves down and to relax. Not only that, but the dogs love "helping" me by digging holes.
  • Jogging/ walking. Walking and jogging have really helped me all my life. The phrase "walk it out" is taken very literally for me. People with ASD often have meltdowns and need that walk it out time in order to finish working or to just finish our day!
  • Photography. I saved for years for a Nikon camera to take photos with. I love it. In fact, some of the photos I use on this blog are from my Nikon camera. I specifically use a Nikon DSLR model D5500. Worth the every penny spent! I love going out and taking photos of everything. (Okay, maybe not everything, but you know what I mean)
These are just some of the things I love to do in order to relax and calm down after work and on my days off. Let me know what YOU guys enjoy doing to relax.

xoxo,

Hannah's Blogs.

Comments

  1. I believe it's called yogging. I love the pic from the top! wow!! I want to see fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been able to get any good photos. It is beautiful right now. fall is here!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular

Independence

Seeking Help as an Adult

Employment