Do the hard family history work.

I  cannot reccomend family history enough you guys. I know it can be really hard if your family didn't or doesn't have the resources to keep track of things. Especially if there's a genocide, deep family secrets (more often than you think), slavery, and so much more. But I say, start with you. And just you. Write your memories down. I got 2 paragraphs into my great grandma's story, and surprised myself by getting emotional. Aren't grandma's supposed to live forever? 😭😭 once again, this doesn't apply to everyone. I think I'm finally processing the fact I didn't get to go to my grandma's funeral due to covid-19 this year. Family history is more than just health reasons. You get stories, and deeper understanding on why your family was the way your family was. Quirks, strengths, all of it. Start bettering yourself for future generations (if you so choose to have kids) or friends kids. Write your story out people. Mistakes, ups, downs, achievements, and struggles.

Xoxo,

Hannah's blog

Comments

  1. Ugh. I was looking at her history and thinking I've done a VERY poor job of my history. I am disappointed in myself. Start now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular

Independence

Seeking Help as an Adult

Employment