Rewriting my trip to peru in 2012..

 January 2012:

"I'm home from peru! It was amazing. I wish we (my mom and I went together) were about to do more! (I do want to go back for more still)


It is so beautiful here in cusco, peru! Way more than I expected! The mountains and hills are so green. The cathedrals are gorgeous. We are (mom and I) are in a tour group of 14 0r 15. All of us are leaving tomorrow morning at 7:30 to go to the sacred valley and Tuesday we start the hike up to MACCHU PICCHU! I am SO excited. This is way better than I could have imagined! Mom and I went through the Santo Domingo cathedral and it was great to see. Spain built over an incan temple, and you can tell which was built by the incans and which parts were built by Spain. There are so many stray dogs roaming around. I would totally take half them home with me if I could! It's also hard for me NOT to touch them!it really is!


Our tour started yesterday. We went to the sacred valley yesterday and everything was so beautiful. We saw quite a few ruins and we were in the bus most of the time. Awesome ruins! 

Today, we started the inca trail. Today was supposedly the "easy" day. Yeah, it definitely wasn't easy! It was soo hard. We witnessed a dog fight and it was not pretty. They were all okay, though. Tomorrow is supposed to be the hardest day. It's all uphill/ up a mountain. It's been really pretty. 

So day two was pretty difficult. We went uphill for about 3-4 hours and 2 hours downhill. On the downhill, it was pouring rain and really slippery. Mom even broke her left middle and ring finger. (This was dead woman's pass) I honestly could'nt see the "dead woman" in the mountain because it was SO FOGGY. Oh yeah, just so I don't forget, we had 22 porters, and two tour guides: Percy and Roudy. They were excellent guides! Percy gave great stories along the way. Roudy was a crack up and teased a lot. He told the English guy that the dry milk that was brought was really guinea pig milk and totally bought it! Haha it was hilarious. 

The third day, Mom got super, super sick. We went 16 km (about 10 miles for the US) and she just had a rough time. Thank goodness we had 2 doctors, the guides, and the porters helping! At one point, she slipped, and nearly fell off the side of the mountain! I wasn't there, but everyone who was with her told me. Thankfully, a porter grabbed her, and she was fine. This day,  I went with a few people, the guide roudy, and went up to this awesome archeological site. There were llamas who refused to get pictures with me. Haha. Beautiful view! 

We woke up at 3:30 this morning, before the sunrise, and camped out, or stalked out in on front in the checkpoint to MACCHU picchu! It took us a few hours to get there, but soo worth it! It was more than I could have dreamed of. Percy gave a guided tour, then we got to go wherever. We got our bus tickets to go to Aguas Caliente, for you guessed it, the hot springs, to have lunch one last time together as a tour s a tour group- which our group settled on the group name- sexy llamas.. mom and i didn't go to the hot springs because it didn't appeal to me at least. I will certainly never forget this amazing experience, this journey, and the lessons I learned from it. I am so grateful, thankful, and any other word I can think of, that I, ME!, got to go to my DREAM destination. It far exceeded my dreams and expectations beyond what I imagined. Macchu picchu may not be open to the public in just years to come. 

A few things I learned while being here: 

*not only in ancient times, but in current times as well, you can make lipstick with prickly pear cactus. You use a squirt of lemon or lime,or natural foods/ things and it changes the color! We visited a village where they used this method for the yarn they used. 

*although Spanish is the main language, a lot of people in peru still use their native languages like Quechua. It doesn't sound like Spanish at all to me. The Quechua language is also used in parts of Bolivia. 

*the incan cross. Our tour guide,  rawdy, explained the basic meaning to us in a way that it was like, "highest, middle, and lowest" And sky, earth, condor, puma, and serpent. The condor is the highest in the Andes l, the puma is the land of the Andes, and the serpent is like the ground. I got a necklace to remember this. 

We leave tomorrow. Bye for now peru, and I hope to one day visit you again, along with the rest of South America."

I hope y'all enjoyed this! 



Comments

  1. Wow, that was the best trip, just beautiful! Amazing scenery, history and people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular

Independence

Seeking Help as an Adult

Employment